- No products in the cart.
The English Gym
ETJ Member’s Teaching Materials
All enquiries and communication about shipping, payment etc. . . should be made directly with Oak Hills Press:
Who to contact / Links
For purchases and sample books: Click here
Contact the publisher by email: Click here
Contact the author, Jon Charles: Click here
Go to ‘The English Gym’ website: Click here
Teacher tutorials on YouTube: Click here
This is a free service to support ETJ members. If you are an ETJ member and have developed your own teaching materials, click here to contact Language Teaching Professionals about having your materials included on this site.
Want to pump up your students’ English muscles? The English Gym just might be what you are looking for!
Designed for 1st-yearJapanese university students, non-English majors, this textbook addresses the specific needs of your learners. The English Gym is a 4-skills textbook, with an emphasis on speaking. The level is geared toward low to intermediate students, with a TOEIC score between 200 and 500. Written by a teacher living in Japan, for teachers working in Japan.
Sample units can be viewed and downloaded from the homepage. Also, registered teachers can view a digital version of the text, as well as many other very useful resources.
- 20 Highly Motivating Units
- Classroom Management Techniques to Build Up Cooperation
- Targeted Japanese Language Support
- Flexible Ways to Approach Each Lesson
- Variety of Activities to Keep Students Motivated
- Exercises to Correct Common Mistakes by Japanese Learners
- Oral Exam Materials, Easily Adaptable
- Student Presentation Materials
- Audio Tracks for Streaming or Download
- Extra Study Materials for Students
- Units Viewable Online, an Excellent Resource when Projected
- Answer Keys and Suggestions for Each Unit
- Written Exams, Simple to Edit
- Supplementary Materials for Oral Exams and Presentations